The North Los Angeles County Regional Center (NLACRC) has immediate opportunities for licensed ASW, LCSW, LEP, LPCC, or MFT as independent contractors (“vendors”) to perform initial assessments for children and adults who are applying for services through NLACRC. Although applicants from all areas will be considered, there is a specific need in the San Fernando Valley and for bilingual skills (English/ Spanish).
The Intake Vendor will perform initial social assessments for applicants requesting services from NLACRC to assist in multi-disciplinary eligibility determination process. An applicant is eligible for services if they have a developmental disability, defined in California law and regulation as handicapping Intellectual Disability, Autism, Epilepsy, Cerebral Palsy, and/or Condition similar to Intellectual Disability.
The Intake Vendor will provide the following services:
*Meet with pediatric or adult applicants for regional center services at NLACRC offices or, if needed, at other locations such as hospitals, facilities, forensic facilities.
*Conduct observation and comprehensive interview of an applicant’s social, medical, family, developmental, behavioral, psychological, psychiatric and educational history.
*May answer questions about developmental disabilities, regional center services, and eligibility process.
*May provide referral information for applicable outside community agencies if indicated.
*Provide a written report in a timely fashion. The report will be used as part of the eligibility determination process for Regional Center services.
*Collaborate with Regional Center staff, including physicians, psychologists, and social workers.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
• A Master’s Degree in a related field and three years of related professional experience.
• A current California License as an Associate Clinical Social Worker (ASW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Educational Psychologist (LEP), Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), or Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT).
• Travel may be required. Valid California Driver’s License (CDL) and reliable transportation, or acceptable substitute, required.
• Knowledge of developmental or related disabilities including autism and social service provision; Regional Center (or related agency) experience; basic knowledge of medical, psychological, psychiatric and developmental diagnosis.
• Skills include decision making and strong verbal and written communication/ presentation skills.
• Must work effectively with diverse groups of people.
Intake Service Provider must be eligible for vendorization as required under California Code of Regulations, Title 17, Sections 54300 to 54390, Vendorization.
The Intake Vendor is an independent contractor. Schedule and hours are variable. Referrals are not guaranteed by NLACRC. The Intake Vendor must have professional liability insurance and comply with NLACRC’s Insurance Policy. Mileage and travel is not reimbursed. Reimbursement is a flat fee of $163.01 per assessment.
Letter of Interest and Vendorization Pre-screening Process:
Please submit a letter of interest, current resume, and copy of professional license to:
Attention: Psychological Services
North Los Angeles County Regional Center
9200 Oakdale Avenue, Suite 100
Chatsworth, CA 91311